Tuesday, April 3, 2012

They were too innocent.

Assalamualaikum

Since I've been given the chance to become a temporary teacher, so I guess it should be a great moment for me. I met new friend, I felt the environment myself. Who said becoming a teacher is easy? Who? Who? To give education to new learners is not that easy. I felt that! The feeling of a teacher. It's not include the feeling of parents. Get married and you'll know then! Everyday I keep asking myself what was the purpose of you teaching them? Are you sincere? But the answer I get to know only when I saw them understand eventhough it's not much, but I feel happy. Sangat gembira sampai rasa nak lompat.

Each of us have our own ability. Different ability to memorize, to learn, to finish homework, etc. Kids sangat wonderful. Each job is actually penat. Not only doctors, engineers, but teachers too. I ate a lot tapi berat masih boleh turun. Of course you need to use your voice untuk "Diammmmm!!", "Teacher count until five and I wanna see each of u sit at your own seat. One, two, three,...". Maybe it's useful for Standard 2 to Standard 6 but sometimes it's not for Standard 1. So, sila lah memikirkan wise method to overcome. If not, you'll get into trouble. *warning*

Being a teacher, is actually memang ada time kita marah, tapi be sure not to be over. Unless kalau kau memang dah garang dari awal. Kalau teacher yang muda, mindset these kids akan fikir "Cikgu baik niiiii". Aip, aip, belum cuba, belum tahu. Rupa-rupanya garang macam singa betina. Saya pernah melalui experience menjaga kelas ketika exam. Seriously it's challenging. My friend told me already she teach that class, and it's not that easy to control them. Sometimes they run here and there, sometimes when you are teaching in front of the class, they will talk louder from you. Those memories are really something. Neither boys nor girls. They are all the same! Sometimes she asked for help from the other teacher to make them become silent. Bila saya menjaga kelas exam, I need to walk every second and talk to them. Ada yang berbincang, ada yang tidak memahami. Bila time nak collect papers, kira-kira, tak cukup. Finally, rupa-rupanya ada student yang dah simpan siap-siap paper tu bawah meja. Oh, anak-anak muridku!

Sometimes, they are the reason for us to laugh. "Eh, cikgu baruuuuu" padahal tak pakai cermin mata sahaja, dah tak dapat kenal lagi. Terlalu banyak memory selama 3 bulan. Two different schools, different environments too. I learnt a lot. My late mother was a teacher. She's dedicated and hardworking. Care about her students. Her ex-students themselves told me, my late mother was a strict person, but she's never scolded her students without any reasons. Masih ingat lagi hari di mana arwah hendak dikebumikan (hari bersekolah), ramai students arwah datang ziarah. So, I wanna be like her. Boleh jadi seorang guru, boleh jadi seorang rakan pada students. Bukan setakat sesi pengajaran dan pembelajaran tapi it's more than that.

Dalam class, I prefer to teach them and then give them exercises to do. While waiting for them to finish up the exercises given, I'll call students yang tak memahami. Dari sesi tersebut, saya tahu apa kelemahan mereka. Sometimes, saya akan pergi jenguk seorang-seorang untuk pastikan semua orang buat. Please don't believe them. Haha. Sebab kalau tak memantau, alamatnya memang akan ada yang dapat telur sahaja bila marking buku. Saya tahu mereka semua boleh, lambat atau cepat, it doesn't matter, cuma ada yang perlukan bimbingan lebih. Memang tak sempat nak bolehkan semua, tapi sekurang-kurangnya ada juga kemajuan. How happy I was bila saya ajar mereka dan mereka faham. Sedikit pun tak apa tapi at least ada. Barulah tahu perasaan itu.

Tak dinafikan, bila time petang gantikan kelas kafa, bukan mereka sahaja yang belajar tapi saya pun belajar sekali. Refresh semula pelajaran lepas. Belajar pegang pensel khat untuk tulis khat (memang teringin nak belajar tulisan khat dan tulis tulisan jawi cantik sebab tulisan saya burukkkk). Time PJK pulak, saya juga turut exercise. Memang tak perlu lagi susah-susah pergi exercise petang-petang sebab pagi dah exercise dengan students.

Itulah budak-budak yang comel. Comel aje.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: